The following is a brief description of the process that we follow with our clients to produce a custom Franchise Operations Manual:
- We will present you with a contract that will spell out the terms of our agreement.
- If you agree to the terms we have presented, you will sign the documents and return it to FranMan, along with the initial payment of 1/3 of the total amount due.
- After we receive the engagement letter and initial payment, we will contact you to schedule the site visit. The site visit is a three-day meeting where we gather all of the information we will need to complete the manual. The first day of the site visit is devoted to creating the outline and assigning the content experts from within your company. The second and third days of the site visit are devoted to interviewing the content experts and reviewing your legacy documents for accuracy. We ask for uninterrupted time for the site visit since we only have three days. We can extend the site visit if necessary.
- You will be responsible for the airfare, lodging, and meals during the site visit. We will commit to conservative travel expenses. You will be billed for the travel expenses within 10 days of the site visit. You will have the option of making all of the travel arrangements if you wish to have more control over the expenses.
- After we have completed the information gathering site visit, we will begin work on the rough draft of your Franchise Operations Manual.
- You will receive the rough draft one chapter at-a-time as we complete them. You will usually receive the first chapter within two weeks of the site visit.
- When you have received the entire rough draft, we will send you an invoice for your second payment of 1/3 of the total amount due.
- You will need to review the entire rough draft, as there will likely be minor changes and additional content. When we have received the edited rough draft from you, we will implement all of the changes and compile all of the sections, creating the master rough draft of the complete manual.
- We will continue to work with you on the master rough draft of the complete manual until you indicate to us that you are satisfied.
- We will present you with the final version of the manual in MS Word format so you can make changes as your system grows over time. You may request a copy of your manual in PDF in addition to the MS Word version that we send. You may then duplicate all forms as many times as you would like, as you own the document.
- Finally, we will send you an invoice for your final payment of 1/3 of the total amount due.
Payment Option:? In order to assist clients in managing their cash flow, we have created a second payment option as follows:
- 25% due on signing
- 25% due on the 1st of each month thereafter until the balance is paid
This payment option may allow you to better project your expenses as they relate to the Franchise Operating Manual project. When we complete the project before you have made the final payment, you may continue making monthly payments until the balance is paid, or you may pay off the balance in full.
The entire process should take about 90 days, depending on how quickly we can complete the information gathering site visits, and how quickly you are able to return the edited rough draft back to us.
We accept new clients on a first-come, first-serve basis, and we like to maintain a current client list of no more than six clients. This allows us to maintain a high level of service and responsiveness to all of our clients. If we have reached our maximum client load at the time you wish to retain our services, we will accept a first payment deposit that will ensure your place in line.
When you choose Franchise Manuals to generate your Custom Franchise Operations Manual, you will benefit from three of our competitive advantages that separate us from other players in the market.