Art is the CEO of a company called CGI Franchise, right here in Texas.
Art has served as President of a nationwide children’s technology education franchise where the brand had double-digit sales growth, opened a record number of new franchise territories, and was launched in the U.K., Australia, and Canada.
With a decade of global leadership and sales positions, he has been responsible for driving system-wide revenues and overall business operations for Top 200 franchise brands including a turnaround role in 2012 as the President and CEO for AlphaGraphics.
Art accepted the President and CEO position in May 2015 with Franchise Source Brands International, which owns several brands including: The Entrepreneur’s Source, AdviCoach, and ZorSource. Art is considered one of the top franchise development professionals in franchising.
|Art Coley Intro||00:00:27|
|Get to know Art Coley|
|Near Business Failure – Art’s “E-Myth” Moment|
|Topic Segment – Franchisee Recruitment|
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- What is the founder’s trap that keeps many small business owners from growing to their Business? Becoming royalty self-sufficient needs to be a franchisor’s #1 goal at first.
- Most franchisors never understand that franchise recruitment is a separate business that requires a separate skill set.
- The value of a franchised business in not built on selling franchises, the value is based on unit economics.
- Traditional franchise recruitment systems – what’s good about them – what’s bad about them?
- What do you mean when you say “Disillusioned” franchise system?
- Franchising Statistics:
- 9% of all franchisors have ever made it past 200 locations
- 20% have ever grown past 100+ units
- The secret to franchise recruitment is having a system and implementing the system properly
- What is Recruitment Operating System all about?
- Discovery Culture versus Sales Culture – what does that mean?
- Why is “Executive Buy-In” so important to a successful franchise recruitment system?
- Building a recruitment operating system isn’t for a bunch of wimps!
- What are the 4 Pillars of the ROS System?
- Lead Generation
- 8 Step Discovery Process
- Any franchisor who is not doing some sort of Discovery Day is making a massive mistake.
- Managing the handoff to Onboarding – Why is that important?
- When there is no communication between Onboarding and Recruitment teams, the quality of the new franchisees will never improve.
- What are the three phases of the discovery process? What do they mean?
- What are some of the key metrics that every franchisor should be following regardless of what recruitment system they use?
- What is situational leadership and what role does that play in the recruitment process?
- Unconscious Incompetence
- Conscious Incompetence
- Unconscious Competence
- Conscious Competence
- What role does a good CRM play in the recruitment process?
- Communication is key in every organization, but you say that communicating with existing franchisees is really important. Why?
214-736-3939 x 101
Books Mentioned in the Episode:
Lessons Learned – Wisdom Gained
Empire of the Summer Moon